Homily: February 20, 2023, Monday of the Seventh Week in Ordinary Time.

“I do believe, help my unbelief!”

This short but humble prayer we heard in the Gospel has become part of my prayers. I truly believe in miracles and that sincere prayer works. I have witnessed many miracles happening here in this church on every third Wednesdays during the healing services. Many people received deliverance from their unhealthy and sinful attachments, and many received healing from illnesses. 

Many people felt unexplainable sense of spiritual release, relieve and peace when they were prayed over by the team. A young man who was prayed over, shared that after the prayer, he felt so deeply loved by our Lord.

How wonderful!

I hardly join in the prayer team to pray over others. I think I lack the gift of healing. But in truth, I lack faith and trust in the Lord. I believe the Lord heals, but I don’t believe that He would heal through me. I recall how in the past, I have prayed for many people who were very ill to be healed, including my parents, but no miracle has ever taken place through my ardent prayers, not even improvements to their health.

The Lord can, but I can’t. I am like the disciples who could not drive out the mute spirit in the boy. I am the ‘faithless generation’.

Do I believe? Yes, I do.

Do I not believe? Yes, I do not.

My faith is in conflict, inconsistent, incomplete. We need complete faith, steadfast and consistent. And so, I want to pray like the father in the Gospel, and I suggest we all pray the same, “I do believe, help my unbelief!” Amen.


Comments

Read

Homily: April 23, 2024, Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Easter (Exciting news).

Homily: March 10, 2022, Thursday of the First Week in Lent

Homily: April 6, 2024, Saturday in the octave of Easter (First five saturday devotion.)

Homily: September 25, 2022, Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time.

Homily: August 20, 2022, Saturday of the Twentieth Week in Ordinary Time

Homily: March 24, 2022, Thursday of the Third Week of Lent

Homily Third Sunday in Ordinary time: 1/23/22

Homily: June 19, 2023, Monday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time (parish Treasure)

Homily: February 27, 2022, Eight Sunday in the Ordinary Time

Homily, March 22, 2022, Tuesday of the Third Week of Lent.