Homily: July 26, 2026, Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary time (God Speaks)
The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream at night. And God said to him, “Ask something of me, and I will give it to you.” How many of you had dreams last night? I often have vivid dreams. Sometimes they are good and pleasant dreams; sometimes they are bad dreams or nightmares. Usually, when I wake up, I remember them for a few hours, and then they disappear. In fact, I know I dreamed last night, but this morning I cannot remember what the dream was about! One recurring dream I have is that I am late for Mass or some important event. I am stuck in traffic, trying desperately to get there, while the entire church is waiting for me! I don't know what that recurring dream means, but I can assure you it is not prophetic—and I certainly hope it never comes true! Once I shared this with a priest friend. He told me that he has a recurring dream too. In his dream, he is celebrating Mass, but he cannot find the prayer in the Roman Missal. He keeps flipping through the pages while everyone is...
Comments
Post a Comment